Thursday 14 April 2016

Mission 1.3

In this mission I had to think about what I thought a "Superhero Learner" is! I also designed what my perfect classroom would be! I hope you enjoy what I wrote and drew!

Question: What do you think a Superhero Learner is?

Answer:  I think a superhero learner is; someone who believes that they can try to succeed, even if they don't feel confident in the subject or with the project, someone who raises their hand to ask questions, someone who helps out his or her peers! I also think that a superhero learner is someone who can understand that everyone learns differently, I think this is important not only for a teacher but also for a student because you need to know that you are not the only person in the classroom who needs help and that your way of learning could be very different than someone else's way of learning.



Question: What Would Your Perfect Classroom Look Like?
Answer:  

In the photo I drew my perfect classroom. It has a whole wall of books for reading, another wall is a white board where the other students and I can post ideas, quotes and stuff related to what we’re learning! On another wall is a “Get To Know You” wall, where you post photos or draw images of what you did on the weekend! You could put photo or drawing up at anytime of the month, but when the month changes we take the photos down and start all over again. In the middle of the classroom there would be a swimming pool, so instead of going to gym you could have a choice of going swimming! Also on the ground is a  trampoline so instead of sitting on the ground we could sit on the trampoline and if someone needed a break they could jump around. At the back of the classroom there are the desk's (photo of desks below), the desks have wheels so you can move them around easily and put your bag underneath the seat. Behind the desks is a bookshelf for “Students Pick” (photo of bookshelf below)!




These are the desks I would have!





This is the students pick bookshelf!


This would be my perfect classroom because it has all three learning styles (Visual from the books and whiteboard, Auditory from sitting with my classmates and having class talks, Kinesthetic from the trampoline, pool and whiteboard). I think that I would learn a lot in this class and I would also be more and more excited to get up and go to school the next day!

4 comments:

  1. I love the desk you choose for your school, it is so futuristic! I reminds me of one time when I went to disney world. In the Magic Kingdom there is this futuristic place where transportation were rocket ships.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gabby! I really like how you drew your perfect class. It makes it really clear what you were thinking of along with what you wrote. The idea of having a wall of books, you can learn a lot from books, especially if you have a lot of them! I was wondering, what kind of books did you have in mind? Or, were you thinking it would be more like a library, with different genres? Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. its really cool with the shelve being a tree... and its great the way you explained you perfect classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gabby, thank you for sharing these ideas. I think that they can be really inspiring for students and educators!

    I have a slideshow called "HMW design the ideal classroom" and those very same chairs and desks are in it - although in a different orientation! I think they're awesome too! I got to sit in an orange version of them at a school in Orlando, they're so easy to move around and work in!

    ReplyDelete